Chelation Therapy, a procedure used to remove heavy metals from the body, is a clinically recognized process of detoxification through the use of special chelating agents.
Calcium EDTA chelation, otherwise known as (ethylenediaminetetraacetic acid) and approved by the FDA for the removal of lead, is a chelating amino acid substance that binds lead, mercury, cadmium, arsenic, and other toxic metals.
Once administered intravenously, calcium EDTA chelation scavenges for minerals and metals in order to excrete them through the urine, skin, liver, colon, kidneys, and sweat detoxification pathways.
Symptoms of Heavy Metal Toxicity:
- Chronic pain throughout the muscles and tendons or any soft tissues of the body
- Chronic malaise – general feeling of discomfort, fatigue, and illness
- Brain fog – state of forgetfulness and confusion
- Chronic infections such as Candida
- Gastrointestinal complaints, such as diarrhea, constipation, bloating, gas, heartburn, and indigestion
- Food allergies
- Migraines and/or headaches
- Visual disturbances
- Mood swings, depression, and/or anxiety
- Nervous system malfunctions – burning extremities, numbness, tingling, paralysis, and/or an electrifying feeling throughout the body
Toxicity Root Causes
- If you have mercury amalgams (tooth fillings)
- Live in a home surrounded by lead-based paint
- Smoking / Second-Hand
- Eating contaminated foods (such as fish, processed foods, water)
- Working in a toxic environment (chemicals, solvents, cleaning products)
Heavy Metal Toxicity Testing Techniques
In order to accurately test for metals, a heavy metal challenge test is administered to identify the overall level of toxicity.
Once the calcium EDTA chelation agent is released, a six hour durational analysis of urine is captured throughout the day.
Not only is chelation therapy safe and effective, but it is also a recognized treatment for the removal of lead by the FDA (Food & Drug Administration).
Diet & Lifestyle Changes
- Eat organic, unrefined food, low sugar foods.
- If you currently have dental amalgam fillings, consider seeing a specialist for the proper examination and removal of toxic compounds.
- Avoid all foods that are processed and try to eliminate or reduce consumption of grains products.
- Drink at least 64 oz. of clean water a day. To maintain good health, make sure it is fresh from all impurities. In addition, try squeezing a lemon for digestion, flavor, and alkalizing purposes.
- If you are going to eat fish, stay away from larger fish, such as tuna mackerel, and swordfish.
- Eat cilantro, garlic, and oregano, which have been found to have natural chelating agent properties.
- Minimize your exposure to other related toxins such as alcohol, tobacco, and certain prescription medicines.
- To increase your detox results even more, try a combination of colon hydrotherapy and infrared sauna treatments.
- Next time your in the kitchen, you might wanna check your cookware. Aluminum and non-stick are toxic, so use glass, cast iron, enamel, or carbon steel cookware.
- If you are unsure of the places you are eating at, how can you be sure they have the proper cookware and preparation skills?
- Depending on the cosmetics you use, make sure they do not contain any aluminum bases.
- Certain vaccinations may contain aluminum and mercury.
- Limit all dust from collecting in home, work, and indoor settings.
- When entering the home, remove shoes.
- Because of pipes, drains, and metal materials, test your water to ensure purity and safety.
- Check the home for old paint, glass, wood preservatives, discarded batteries, and PVC plastic materials.
- Depending on where you live, make yourself aware of local advisories regarding mercury levels in fish.
- Read all labels of products that come into contact with your home for maximum safety.
- If you plan on having dental work, avoid toxic amalgam fillings.
- Smoking, which exposes you to cadmium, is costly and overall bad for your health.
- Purchase only high-grade, pure supplements from respected vendors.
Chelation Therapy FAQ
- Is chelation therapy safe?
Simply put, yes. When chelation is used as a means of prevention, it can address possible free radical damage and cardiovascular problems.
Despite what skeptics may lead you to believe, when chelation therapy is administered by trained professionals, and in conjunction with the right diet, natural supplements, and lifestyle techniques, it is a comprehensive alternative treatment.
This therapy, according to the statistics, is safer than driving a modern day automobile or taking popular medication.
- Does chelation therapy hurt or cause pain?
Since this therapy uses a simple intravenous method, it causes little discomfort.
When patients are undergoing treatment, they can sit down, visit the restroom, socialize, eat, drink, and even make a telephone call. And because our patients are always on the move during chelation, we provide comfortable pillows, electrical outlets for computers/tablets, and a full staff which can assist, communicate, and take care of your medical needs.
- How do I know if chelation therapy is right for me?
- How old is chelation therapy?
- Will chelation therapy effect joint replacement?
- What harm does mercury pose to the human body?
- What is Calcium EDTA?
Calcium EDTA, which helps removes metals from the body, is an essential element in the detoxification process.
Besides removing heavy metals, calcium EDTA helps with calcium and cholesterol metabolism by removing the toxins, which also prevents free radical damage.
Free radicals, which are atoms and molecules that contain an unpaired electron, are scientifically considered to be leading causes of diabetes, artherosclerosis, and other commonly known age-related diseases.
- Can chelation therapy be used with other treatments?
Depending on the specific modality, it can be used in conjunction with most other treatments, such as certain medications, vitamin supplements, and lifestyle factors.