Intravenous Therapy or IV Therapy, a method of infusing vitamins, minerals, amino acids, chelating agents, and antioxidants directly into the vein, is a quick, efficient, safe, and powerful way of administering vital nutrients into the body.
IV therapy helps improve cellular homeostasis, a balance of the nutrients inside a given cell’s environment, delivering unparalleled potency and results. A drip chamber, which prevents air from entering the blood and controls flow rate, enables nutrients to bypass the digestive tract, where any compromised loss of absorption may possibly occur. Even though oral supplementation is an important factor in any healing regiment, there is no comparison to the effectiveness of an IV therapy session.
IV Therapy May Benefit:
- Cigarette Smokers
- Crash dieters
- Poor detoxification
- Increased stress
- Weakened immune system
- Athletic performance
- Malabsorption issues
- Cellular Toxicity (environment, food, medications)
- Intestinal mal-absorption (leaky gut syndrome, Chron’s disease, allergies)
- Rapid and chronic infections (poor healing)
- Condition-specific effects
IV therapy helps improve cellular homeostasis, a balance of the nutrients inside a given cell’s environment, delivering unparalleled potency and results. From detoxification to anti-fatigue, the center uses over 60 different customizable types of IV therapies. All pioneered by Dr. Salerno himself, each therapy has its own unique, distinct properties, effects, and attributes. And because many of the substances administered are traceable by performing a simple venipuncture (blood sampling), patients can easily track their health progress as they receive further treatments.
Types of IV Therapy Protocols
Just like our one-on-one treatment standards, each mixture is customized, personalized, and made for your health needs. Besides being highly bio-available, the Salerno Center for Complementary Medicine offers unique nutrients designed for a plethora of conditions, such as:
- Alzheimer’s Intravenous Therapy: This mixture includes green tea, resveratrol (red wine plant compound), DMAE, and neurology herbals (natural nootropic).
- Anti-aging Intravenous Therapy: Due to many age-related medical issues, many people are unaware of the possibilities intravenous therapy offers. The anti-aging intravenous therapy combines arginine, B vitamins (energy), and N-acetyl cysteine (antioxidant) to improve longevity, memory, and well-being.
- Anxiety Intravenous Therapy: These nutrients include theanine (amino acid), inositol (naturally occurring serotonin regulator), and magnesium. This is an important therapy for individuals suffering from chronic stress, fatigue, and mood irregularities.
- Arthritis Intravenous Therapy: Arthritis IV nutritional therapy with an anti-inflammatory effect is helpful for joint pain, mobility, and acute injuries. IV nutrients include glucosamine (amino acid), SAMe (S-adenosylmethionine), and MSM (sulfur compound necessary for the production of collagen, reduce stiffness, and swelling).
- Asthma Intravenous Therapy: Designed to promote antioxidant levels, moderate histamine release, and maintain healthy leukotriene metabolism for healthy bronchial and respiratory function, These nutrients include vitamin B6, quercetin (a natural antihistamine), and vitamin C.
- Cancer Intravenous Therapy: This therapy combines vitamin C (essential for growth and repair of tissues in all parts of the body). Vitamin C is also required to convert folic acid to its active form. The mixture also features glutathione (major intracellular antioxidant essential for detoxification in the body) and green tea (a potent antioxidant and DNA protector).
- Chelation/DMPS Intravenous Therapy: Toxic metals are everywhere in our environment, including in our home, food, fillings, work, and air. Even though heavy metals such as lead, mercury, and aluminum are hard to get out of the bodies tissues, Chelation IV therapy works at the core level to help your body detoxify, replace delicate mineral levels, establish healthy vitamin absorption, and replace important electrolytes. Chelation IV therapy nutrients include N-acetyl cysteine, Calcium Sodium (EDTA), and glutathione to improve liver, thyroid, and adrenal function.
- CHF Intravenous Therapy (congestive heart failure): If you suffer from a family history of heart disease and are stuck contemplating the dilemma of taking medication for the rest of your life, there is natural help around the corner. CHF IV therapy, which includes taurine (amino acid for blood pressure, central nervous system function, and vitality), D-ribose (simple sugar used in the process of making cellular energy), and Lysine (amino acid used to form cartilage, connective tissue, and skin), is an important therapy that’s helpful for conditions such as hypertension, atherosclerosis, and hypertension.
- Chronic fatigue / Viral Intravenous Therapy: Chronic fatigue, Fibromyalgia (FM), and viral infections all result in lowered immunity, skeletal aches, sleep disturbances, and general malaise. Chronic fatigue IV therapy combines tyrosine, carnitine, lipoic acid, and vitamin B12 to improve energy levels, prevent exhaustion, reduce stiffness, and alleviate debilitating muscular strains.
- CMBZM Intravenous Therapy (calcium, magnesium, b vitamins, zinc, manganese): CMBZM IV nutrients include manganese, thiamine (B1), and calcium gluconate to improve fatigue, vitamin B deficiency, and all-encompassing exhaustion.
- Colitis / IBS Intravenous Therapy: Sometimes known as spastic colon, Irritable Bowel Syndrome or (IBS) is a debilitating stomach condition. Although many treatments focus on quick fix methods, our nutrients aim to regulate stool frequency, replenish vital nutrients, establish a healthy mucus environment, and reduce abdominal distention. IV therapy nutrients include zinc, glutamine, B-complex vitamins, and many more.
- Depression Intravenous Therapy: Even though many people cope with emotions of unhappiness, sadness, and overall melancholy, it is completely abnormal to remain stuck in a rut. Our nutrients include optimum levels of vitamin B6, serotonin, and tryptophan to improve sleep, appetite, overall body temperature, aggression, anxiety, sexual dysfunction, and mood.
- Detoxification Intravenous Therapy – When detoxing, it’s important to support the immune system, liver, and detox pathways. Our detoxification IV therapy, which includes vitamin C, Calcium Gluconate, NAC, and Taurine, is a great way to combat toxicities while delivering therapeutic levels of essential vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants.
- Diabetes Intravenous Therapy – As sugar creeps into more and more foods, it’s important to establish healthy glucose levels and emphasize proper nutritional habits. Diabetes IV therapy includes alpha lipoic acid and a wide spectrum of B vitamins for comprehensive blood sugar support.
- Hepatitis / Liver Intravenous Therapy – The liver, critical organ used in the process of detoxification and renewal, is the bodies second largest organ. How important? Every single item, whether its food, hormone or chemical, must get sifted by this human outpost. Critical for digestion, elimination, and making certain proteins, the liver uses important nutrients such as glutathione, vitamin C, and alpha lipoic acid to support healthy biochemical transformations.
- Macular Degeneration Intravenous Therapy – As our bodies age, vision becomes impaired. Luckily, the deterioration of sight, which oftentimes includes cataracts and diabetic retinopathy, is preventable. Free radicals, atoms that lack a particle called an electron, are the result of unstable health conditions. Amino acids, carotenoids, minerals, and glutathione are combined to help prevent oxidation, stabilize membranes, and halt further damage to cellular structures.
- Memory Function Intravenous Therapy – Everyone has experienced a moment of forgetfulness, but brain cells, like connections on a subway line, need to be continuously refueled and maintained. The nutrients found in our memory solution focus on circulation to the brain. Vitamin C, NAC, carnitine, glutamine, green tea, and DMAE work synergistically to deliver targeted brain support.
- Myers Cocktail Intravenous Therapy – A mix of vitamins and minerals, the Myers’ Cocktail was developed by John Myers, and is commonly used to enhance the immune system, treat chronic fatigue, assist with allergies, and reduce symptoms of Fibromyalgia. The cocktail, which is administered intravenously, easily bypasses the liver providing key nutrients for energy production.
- Parkinson’s disease Intravenous Therapy – Neurodegenerative diseases, like Parkinson’s, is associated with a loss of neurotransmitter in various portions of the brain. Vitamins in our Parkinson’s disease IV therapy, such as potassium, lysine, neurology herbals, resveratrol, SAMe, tyrosine, vitamin B complex, and NAC, work in tandem to help boost surviving neurons, protect against free radical exposure, and rejuvenate damaged areas.
- Phosphatidylcholine Therapy – When administered intravenously, this powerful class of phospholipids can help detox and repair cellular function, such as removing heavy metals from the body and cleansing the liver and gallbladder. Usually mixed with glutathione and folinic acid, this one-of-a-kind nutrient has the ability to improve heart, lung, and vascular function.
- Vitamin C (mini C) Intravenous Therapy – Vitamin C, which has been used to treat Fibromyalgia, improve immune system function, and fight chronic fatigue, is a very effective IV nutrient. Besides being better absorbed than conventional supplements, high-dose IV vitamin C is a powerful anti-oxidant and cellular protector.
- Weight loss Intravenous Therapy – Poor diet choices, metabolic problems, hormone imbalance, food allergies, and vitamin deficiencies are all causes of weight gain. Weight loss IV therapy combines carnitine, KCL, NAC, DMAE, magnesium, vitamin C, vitamin B complex, calcium d-gluconate, and ginkgo biloba to improve cravings, replenish important nutrients, enhance energy, regulate blood sugar, and support detoxification.
Diet & Lifestyle Changes
- Eat organic, unrefined, low sugar foods as much as possible.
- Avoid all foods that are processed, and try to eliminate or reduce consumption of grains products.
- Drink at least 64 oz. of clean water a day. To maintain good health, make sure it is fresh from all impurities. In addition, try squeezing a lemon for digestion, flavor, and alkalizing purposes.
- If you are trying to absorb more vitamins, try increasing your consumption of high-quality organic sources of saturated fats such as butter, coconut oil, eggs, and animal proteins.
IV Therapy Home Care
Our personalized home care program, a special service offered directly by our center, delivers complete nutritional analysis, anti-aging, immune, hormone, detoxification, chemo and other specialty intravenous therapies, as well as natural vitamin supplements, to patients in the tri-state areas; New York, New Jersey, Connecticut. Registered Nurses provide state-of-the-art infusions, which are backed by today’s latest science. And because the quality of your health is important to us, we employ only experienced, credentialed, and well-trained experts in care management for patients at home, twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week. Our team of technicians personalizes each delivery, with promptness, timeliness, complete privacy, and respect.
IV Therapy FAQ
- Is IV therapy safe?
It is extremely safe. Before an individual receives any treatment whatsoever, vitals signs are tested, blood pressure is monitored, and health history is carefully evaluated. If the individual is sensitive, alternative nutrients can be administered, as well as at lower doses and ranges. Every session is performed under strict medical supervision. After the treatment ends, patients can resume their activities and daily responsibilities immediately.
- Who administers and supervises my IV therapy?
One of our experienced nurses, along with Dr. Salerno’s extensive expertise, will design, select and administer the therapy.
- How long does a single session last?
Depending upon the condition, treatment, and protocol, sessions can be 30 minutes to a couple of hours. To make the situation more comfortable and relaxing, the Salerno Center for Complementary Medicine features comfy lounge chairs, free wifi, and healthy, refreshing beverages.
- How often should I receive IV therapy?
Each patients case is unique, so treatment length greatly depends on the kind of customized protocol recommended and the response to the individual therapy. It’s not uncommon to have more than one treatment a week, but many of our patients report feeling more energy and a renewed sense of well-being after just one treatment!
- Where does the IV therapy take place?
Unlike other doctors offices, The Salerno Center offers a comfortable, relaxed setting for all our patients. Patients are encouraged to recline, unwind, and feel at home. However, we know everyone has a busy, active schedule, which is why many of our patients continue reading, using mobile technology, operating laptops, and pursuing other work-related endeavors.
- If I’m healthy, can I still use IV therapy?
Even if you are not ill, The Salerno Center for Complementary Medicine practices prevention. Since most of us are or have been exposed to various toxins, IV therapy is an essential step in the cleansing, removal, breakdown, and digestion of harmful substances.
- Does getting IV therapy hurt?
Most patients, due to the fact that we only staff well-trained nurses who can easily find good veins, barely notice anything. At the most, you will feel a slight pinprick.
- What is the difference between IV therapy and oral vitamins?
Since oral vitamins must bypass the acidic nature of the stomach and high-dose vitamins may possibly cause irritation, IV therapy allows for increased absorption right from the start. The second your infusion begins, vitamins, minerals, and other powerful nutrients are instantly circulated through your bloodstream and absorbed by your cells that need it the most; there’s no waiting for the liver or stomach to play catch-up.
- Are there any special guidelines I must follow after my IV therapy?
Dr. Salerno, who has helped millions achieve “their” health goals, has developed a diet and other lifestyle factors for his patients to follow during the course of their IV’s. During and after the sessions, the doctor will recommend certain exercises, hydration tips, and encourage a low-carb, low-sugar approach to food with an emphasis on healthy saturated fats.
- Is IV therapy customizable?
Absolutely. IV therapy nutrients can be mixed independently and offer wide-range, tailored treatment. Examples include high-dose vitamin C, glutathione, lipoic acid, minerals, amino acids, and detoxification agents.