While it may be tempting, consuming store-bought energy drinks are not always kind to your waistline or your wallet. Many of the energy drinks that are available on the market can be dangerous to your health, as they are packed with sugar, additives, and preservatives. On the other side of the spectrum are the healthy energy drinks, made with simple and organic ingredients. However, the downfall of these healthy energy drinks is the price tag. Usually, if you want something that’s good for your health, in many cases, you have to pay an arm and a leg for it. Luckily, it’s relatively simple and cheaper to make your own healthy homemade energy drink. There’s nothing better than the DIY method. You get to know first-hand which ingredients are used (so there are no surprises), it’s cheaper, and there’s nothing better than having control over the outcome since you can tailor the recipe to your own personal taste.
If you are looking for a healthier and cheaper alternative to store-bought energy drinks, check out this delicious tropical matcha cherry coconut energy drink recipe. It’s a delicious and healthy way to quench your thirst while being provided much-needed nutrients and energy!
Tropical Matcha Cherry Coconut Energy Drink Recipe
• 1 cup of ceremonial grade matcha green tea (2 tsp of matcha powder + 1 cup of water)
• ½ cup of coconut water
• ¼ cup of 100% cherry juice
• ¼ cup of pineapple juice
• 1 teaspoon of raw honey
• Pinch of Himalayan pink salt
1. To make one cup of matcha green tea, add 2 tsp of ceremonial grade matcha powder to one cup of water, and mix or shake well.
2. Combine coconut water, matcha green tea, cherry juice, pineapple juice, Himalayan pink salt, and the honey into a large glass or container. Shake or stir well. Adjust if needed to taste.