If you are looking for a comforting way to warm up this winter, there’s nothing better than a delicious bowl of pumpkin soup. If you are on the keto diet, pumpkin is keto friendly and easily works for those on a low-carb diet. A versatile food, pumpkin is healthy, nutritious, and delicious. Loaded with beta-carotene, the precursor for vitamin A, pumpkin is excellent for your skin, eyes, and can help boost your immune system. Plus, pumpkin is loaded with fiber, which can help you stay regular and can help you reach or maintain a healthy weight. Best of all, pumpkin soup is a cinch to make, and it’s delicious. What a great combination! Luckily, you can easily find a low-carb keto pumpkin soup recipe that will both satisfy and nourish you.
The winter season can be brutal. Luckily we have soup to help get us through this cold period. To help warm your bones and nourish you, check out this quick and easy low-carb keto pumpkin soup recipe!
Low-Carb Keto Pumpkin Soup Recipe
• 15 oz. of pumpkin puree (fresh or canned)
• ½ cup of heavy cream or cashew milk
• 4 cups of chicken broth (homemade preferred)
• ½ tsp of black pepper
• ½ tsp of Himalayan pink salt
• ½ tsp of chopped garlic or garlic powder
• ¼ tsp of thyme
• ½ tsp of sage
• 2 tbsp. of fresh parsley (chopped)- optional, for garnish
• 2 tbsp. of toasted pumpkin seeds- optional, for garnish
• Coconut yogurt- optional, for garnish
1. In a medium saucepan, add the pumpkin puree, chicken broth, thyme, sage, garlic, Himalayan pink salt, and black pepper. Stir well to combine.
2. Bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
3. Remove the soup from the heat, and stir in the cashew milk or heavy cream.
4. Serve and enjoy. If desired, garnish with coconut yogurt, fresh parsley, and pumpkin seeds.
Sign-up for our free bi-monthly newsletter to receive the latest medical news, treatments & recipes to help keep your health on the right track.