Muscle and joint pain are one of the many ailments we face on a daily or weekly basis, especially if you are an athlete or are very active in your daily life. Body pain is so common that many people do their best to ignore their discomfort, or they choose to use something to numb the pain. In many cases, people are prescribed medication as a quick fix to lessen the pain, not realizing the potentially hazardous side effects that can occur, such as chemical dependency. Chemical dependency and the opioid epidemic are becoming more and more prevalent in today’s time.
Luckily, there is a way to help reduce body pain naturally using essential oils. Utilized for centuries, essential oils have been used to treat all kinds of health problems naturally, everything from disease, irritation, trauma (both physical and mental), and chronic pain. Let’s take a look at some of the best essential oils for joint and muscle pain.
• Clary Sage
• Black Pepper
A great way to gain relief from muscle aches and pains is to make a pain relieving muscle rub. Check out this do-it-yourself rub that you can use to give yourself some deep muscle relaxation the next time your muscles and joints hurt.
Essential Oil Pain Reliever Muscle Rub Recipe
• ½ cup coconut oil
• ¼ cup cocoa or shea butter
• 12-15 drops lavender essential oil
• 12-15 drops rosemary essential oil
• 12-15 drops peppermint essential oil
• 4-6 drops clary sage essential oil
• 4-6 drops turmeric essential oil
• 1-2 drops black pepper essential oil
• Glass container(s) with lid(s)
1. On medium heat, warm about 2 inches of water in a small pot.
2. Place the cocoa (or shea) butter and the coconut oil into the glass container, and set down into the small pot to allow it to melt in the warm water.
3. Once melted, turn off the heat and remove from the pot. Let the mixture cool off a bit before you add the essential oils.
4. Once cool, add the essential oils and stir. Make sure you stir the mixture well to combine all of the ingredients.
5. Transfer to other jars if necessary, otherwise, allow muscle rub to cool completely before using. Keep the lid secured on the jar, and store away from direct sunlight and heat.