This year’s allergy season has been unusually strong this year, and it seems like every year it gets a bit worse. You may have noticed that your car looks like it has a layer of yellow dust all over it, which is an indicator that the allergens are very high. During the spring and summer, millions of people are negatively affected by seasonal allergies. When this happens, it’s natural for you to reach for the nearest allergy medication, but this isn’t a good cycle to continue, as you don’t want to become dependent on this habit. Luckily there are ways to lessen your symptoms more naturally.
Did you know that certain foods have the ability to help relieve your seasonal allergies? It’s true. Certain foods can help keep your immune system healthy, giving you the extra boost you need to feel your best during this challenging allergy season. A perfect way to kick-start your day is with a nutritious smoothie, which is fast and easy to make. So if you want to embrace the seasons allergy-free, try your hand at this delicious seasonal allergy-fighting smoothie recipe.
Allergy-Fighting Smoothie Recipe
• One apple, chopped
• ½ cup pineapple
• A handful of strawberries
• A handful of almonds
• A handful of fresh parsley
• One tsp minced ginger
• 1 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar, with the mother
• ½ – ¾ cup water, coconut water, or milk of choice
• 1-2 Tbsp. local raw honey (adjust to taste)
1. Blend the fresh parsley and the liquids together to ensure it fully purees.
2. Put the rest of the ingredients into a high-speed blender and blend on high until the mixture is smooth and creamy looking.
3. Taste and adjust sweetness if needed. Add more liquid if the smoothie is too thick, or if the smoothie is too thin, add more fruit.
4. Pour into a glass and enjoy! If you want, you can sprinkle some chia seeds, hemp seeds, or some shredded coconut on top before you serve.
Sign-up for our free bi-monthly newsletter to receive the latest medical news, treatments & recipes to help keep your health on the right track.