Mercury: A Shock to Your Teeth & Your Health

Mercury FillingsIf you have ever experienced what it’s like to have a filling implanted, replaced, or fixed, you fully understand the important hygienic consequences involved. But have you ever asked yourself what’s being used to replace the lost matter? Would you believe me if I said it’s the cause behind many cases of endocrinological imbalance, paralysis, insomnia, nervous system damage, developmental delays, respiratory problems, tremors, birth defects, and impaired immunity? According to new research featured on The Doctors, a popular television show covering the latest health trends, toxins live closer than we think – and they are alive in our mouths.

Amalgam fillings are loaded with a metal called mercury – fifty percent to be exact. More than 100 fillings are placed in the mouths of helpless and unknowing victims each year. Unlike what the current science tells us, the American Dental Association has blindingly led everyone to believe that mercury is still a safe and practical solution. With over 300 global tons of mercury used to create these amalgams, we publically discharge 3.7 tons of mercury by way of publicly owned treatment works (PTOW). The burden of using mercury fillings reaches far beyond your health.

If you have a mercury filling, you are experiencing a slow bioaccumulative release of toxins. If you love to chew gum, you are in even worse territory. Gum, which tests show increases the release of mercury vapors, accelerates the rate of toxicity. Any stimulation, whether it be eating, drinking, grinding, or chewing – releases vapor. Mercury is easily absorbed across the blood-brain barrier – a special protective layer found in the body. Once breached, vapors readily pass into otherwise healthy cell membranes and inhibit key enzymes used for energy and detoxification.

The good news is that there is an alternative. Mercury-free amalgams, otherwise known as resin composites, are environmentally safe, last much longer, and preserve tooth structure. And if that wasn’t enough, mercury-free amalgams are more cost effective, reduce environmental toxicity exposure, and have a much higher survival rate. If Germany, Austria, Sweden, and Denmark have all banned these toxic amalgam substances, why are we still using them?

Besides using safer composites, you can seek out a trained biological dentist for mercury removal. Biological dentistry uses rubber dams to avoid inhaling debris, employs cold water to wash away mercury, and uses a high-volume evacuator near extraction points to prevent vapor toxicity. So next time you’re scheduling your next dental check-up, ask the right questions, avoid traditional amalgams, and protect your mouth – because it just might save your life.

Free Newsletter

Sign-up for our free bi-monthly newsletter to receive the latest medical news, treatments & recipes to help keep your health on the right track.

Shop Salerno Vitamins!

Recent Posts

Posted in