According to modern statistics, autism strikes 1 in every 88 children.
Autism, a disorder commonly associated with impaired social interaction and repetitive behavior, is a complex disorder affecting the brain. Beginning in early childhood, autism tends to develop as early as ages 2-3. Having trouble connecting with the outside world can lead to troubling behavior, including unresponsive eye contact, difficulties playing with other children, and delayed speech recognition.
Symptoms of Autism
- Intellectual disabilities
- Delayed speech (no words by 16 months )
- Limited social interaction
- Withdrawal and Isolation
- Sensitivity to touch
- Self-damaging behavior (bitin movements (flap, roll, spin)
- Difficulty making friends
- Motor coordination difficulties
- Attention issues
- Sleep problems
Types of Autism
- Rett Syndrome
- Asperger syndrome
- Childhood disintegrative disorder
- Pervasive development
Autism Diet & Lifestyle Changes
First and foremost, try to eliminate all sugars from the diet. Sugar, which feeds inflammation, causes flora imbalances in the intestines, and blood sugar spikes, is completely toxic to the body, and it includes high fructose corn syrup (HFCS), honey, agave, and table sugar. Oftentimes, sugars hide-out in many popular food items, such as juices, sodas, grain products, bagels, cereals, pastas, pretzels, and pastries.
- If you haven't done so yet, optimize vitamin D levels.
- Focus only on fresh, organic, pesticide-free foods.
- Avoid all pasteurized milk products. Since natural flavorings and preservatives are an issue with dairy foods, it is an essential precautionary measure.
- Reinforce healthy food choices for a healthier immune system. Overall, biotoxins compete for detoxification pathways, so low-sugar, less starchy dietary suggestions and a stress-free environment can really help ease symptoms.
- Avoid exposure to all environmental toxins, which includes pesticides, herbicides, and heavy metals (aluminum, mercury, lead). When at home, create a safe environment by making sure you've eliminated all potential sources of mold, followed by personalized detoxification screening.
- In regards to technology, try to reduce all EMF exposure. When used frequently, cell phones, wi-fi networks, and electrical wiring can cause toxic microbes to release even more biotoxins.