01 Dec The 5 Supplements You Need this Holiday Season!
Let’s face it. The holiday season is very stressful. Even if you’re excited for it, it can still add to your constant stress. It can leave you run down, lethargic, bloated and make you more susceptible to illness. However, it doesn’t have to be this way. In fact, you can thrive with the holidays by simply adding a few important nutrients to your daily regimen. These will help to keep you healthy, happy and energized throughout the season. I personally like to use these myself, especially around this time of year. They help boost my immune system, keep my energy and brain functioning at optimal levels and keep me from gaining that holiday weight.
1. Digestive Factor is a powerful & comprehensive digestive enzyme formula that aids in the breakdown of protein, fats, and carbohydrates. It helps to enhance digestion and minimize bloating. If your diet is heavier on the carbs this time of year, I would also suggest adding in my Carb factor. This is a starch neutralizing extract of white kidney bean that can contribute to weight management. This way you can enjoy the carbs, without all the guilt.
2. Ultra Probiotic Factor is a 225 billion CFU, high potency probiotic that will keep your immune system and digestive tract healthy all season. This is great for reducing bloating, gas and keeping you regular. For maintenance and long-term use, you can also use my Probiotic Factor, 20 billion per capsule, a lower potency and a great option for year-round maintenance.
3. Vitamin D-K Factor. Numerous studies have shown that Vitamin D can stave off the flu along with colds. It’s important to take adequate amounts, especially in the winter months because we are not outdoors getting proper sun exposure for our bodies to make it. Aim for 5,000 IU per day, with K1 & Mk7 to synergistically boost vitamin D absorption.
4. Omega factor is my premium, molecularly distilled fish oil. Omega 3 has powerful anti-inflammatory properties. They lubricate all cells in your body and provide cardiovascular and musculoskeletal support. They are also critical for skin health, vision, brain function, blood sugar regulation and arthritic conditions. Be sure to take plenty with your meals.
5. Activated B factor replenishes all your B vitamins that are constantly being depleted with elevated stress levels around the holidays. I use specific active B vitamins to ensure immediate absorption and utilization. These nutrients are essential for optimal health including brain and nervous system function.
Let’s not forget a crucial component of good health; Proper sleep. Without enough sleep, your whole body will suffer. Get your 7-8 hours per night. This will help restore energy levels, as well as maintain healthy hormone levels and prevent illness.