05 Nov 10 Ways to Get Rid of Sugar
In terms of food and diet, one of the most debated items is sugar. Some state the need for it. Others show data that a reduction of sugar or finding energy through other forms besides sugar is ideal. There is a way to stop using sugar and still lead a healthy and happy life. Here are 10 ways to do just that.
- The 1st way is eating more regularly. Many people skip meals throughout the day, especially breakfast. That skip will result in cravings for sugary products. However, smaller meals that feature protein and ample amounts of fat will help provide you with energy.
- The 2nd important thing to do is to drink more water. Oftentimes when people feel hungry, the body is actually thirsty. If you do not consume enough water, it will need more sugar, which will create a greater thirst in the body. Therefore, drink more water.
- The 3rd way is to choose whole foods over processed foods. Foods that are processed and changed contain more added sugar than whole foods. The sugar in the processed foods can push a person to addiction. A study at Connecticut College found that some processed foods and the sugar in them have led to full on addictions.
- Number 4 is taking the correct multivitamins and mineral supplements. Just like when dealing with thirst, nutrient deficiencies can convince a person that they are actually hungry. If the correct nutrients are covered through the supplements, it can balance blood sugar.
- The 5th way is making sure to eat plenty of greens. Vegetables are a great way to provide natural energy for a person. Diets lacking them will see cravings rise and a need for people to find other ways to get the necessary fuel. Reach for high fiber, cruciferous vegetables such as broccoli, brussel sprouts, and cauliflower.
- Sugar is often craved due to the sweetness. This brings us to number 6. A simple way to getting rid of those cravings and sugar is by providing other ways to achieve that desired taste. Using spices such as cinnamon and nutmeg are great for this purpose, and they also aid in controlling blood sugar.
- Understanding what is in food is number 7. It is important to read labels when buying food. If there are many unpronounceable ingredients, chances are there will be more sugar and chemicals in it. You can avoid having products with sugar in them if you choose whole, full-fat foods in their natural states. You will not have a problem.
- Number 8 is going with the old philosophy of out of sight, out of mind. If a person walks through a kitchen, they may not have a sugar craving until they see a piece of candy or cake. That piece of cake may trigger a craving. If you can keep those triggers out of sight, such as the office and your home, it can help tremendously.
- 9 & 10 are alternative ways to keep a body having enough energy, without looking at food consumed. The first is sleeping the correct amount. Individuals who do not sleep enough are tired and have hormone imbalances. These often lead to food cravings, especially sugar and starches. Sleeping the right amount will help reduce that need and keep your hormones in check.
- The final way is very simple, but can be challenging to some; Distracting the body through exercise. Sometimes sugar cravings last for a certain amount of time. Taking a short walk will get the body to stop thinking about it. Working out also increases your natural energy. It doesn’t matter how you do it, just as long as you do it. It will make sugarless necessary to fuel the body.
These are just 10 simple ways to help reduce the need for sugar. The body and mind will benefit greatly from taking these steps to getting rid of sugar addiction.